Creating a circle glazed roof is very easy when you know how. When you don’t know how you can land up with nothing very useful after hours of work.
This is how I would create a circle glazed roof:
- Create your roof in plan
- Select ‘Sloped Glazing’ as your roof type
- In type properties, set grid pattern layout to ‘Fixed Number’ for both Grid 1 and Grid 2
- In the instance properties, set Grid 1 Number to the number of radial grids
- Set Grid 2 Number to the number of ‘rings’ you want
The caveats to this method:
- The outer ring needs to slope defining (even if it’s only .5 degrees as in this example)
- The number of panels will be double the number in the Grid 1 Pattern (that is, it is applied to half of the circle.
Visit the blog on every other Tuesday for Technical Tip Tuesdays.