Two extremely promising lab products came to our attention today:
The first product, is a surprising basic BIM solution (Revit-LTish?) by the name of Project Spark. This will be available until July of next year! Check out the Project Spark Wiki page with Getting Started videos and more.
The second product is an add-in to Revit Structure by the name of Project Storm. This product that is freely available now, allows you to perform cloud-based structural analysis. Definitely worth checking out. See it in action here:
All this begs the question: when will Autodesk run out of cool names for their Autodesk Labs products? and more importantly: Do the developers at Autodesk Labs get any sleep? They sure do deserve a raise!
- Project Spark – quick overview (autodesk-revit.blogspot.com)
- Autodesk Labs Preview – Project Spark (revitoped.blogspot.com)
- Project Storm for Revit Structure – available now on Labs! (bimandbeam.typepad.com)
- Project Spark and Storm (revitclinic.typepad.com)
- Project Storm Kick-Starts Structural Analysis in the Cloud (bimapps.typepad.com)